Next Structured Dialogue Meeting with Club - Questions Invited

SLO_BFC

Well-known member
The next Structured Dialogue meeting between fans’ groups representatives and the club will take place in just over a week. If you are a member of a fans’ group, please submit your question(s) for the board of BFC to your group organisers.

If you don’t belong to a group you may email your question(s) to me at: slo@blackpoolfc.co.uk or alternatively post questions on this AVFTT thread. The deadline in each case is by this Thursday 18th February. The structured dialogue meeting will be minuted and the minutes published by the club in the normal way.
 

Hazi

Well-known member
I would question whether they are aware of our eternal gratitude for the considerable investment by SS and for the hard work going on off and on the pitch in steering our great club through these unprecedented times into a bright tangerine future. UTMP 🍊
 

Plumbs

Well-known member
Why are supporters who choose not to be in a supporters group, prevented from watching on zoom or similar, as Fleetwood did last month. Why is this process so non transparent?
Good question as there's no reason why the club couldn't include say a selection of random season ticket holders/members in the group. The problem is that these meetings are at the behest of the Football Supporters Association who prefer fans to be in groups they can control, and where voting and subsequent representation is manipulated.

Well in my experience anyway but good luck to all at the meeting.
 

basilrobbie

Well-known member
I don't think anyone can complain about lack of transparency. The meetings are minuted, the minutes are published and anyone can submit a question. It's not exactly Fan's Parliament, is it?
 

Plumbs

Well-known member
I asked at BST's AGM if these meetings could be available to all to watch via a stream
I believe the question has been asked
To be fair that question should be addressed to the club because its not 'BST's' meeting.
If anything clubs should adopt a fans parliament like Wolves do, but a FSA National Council member sneered at them at the AGM which suggests there is an inverted snobbery in that direction.
 

SEASIDE2020

Well-known member
I don't think anyone can complain about lack of transparency. The meetings are minuted, the minutes are published and anyone can submit a question. It's not exactly Fan's Parliament, is it?

I would imagine that it's perfectly possible that the meetings are more transparent than the FPG and that people could ask legitimate questions about the procedures of the meetings.

It would appear that somebody has asked why supporters who choose not to be in a supporters group are unable to watch the meeting on zoom or similar, I'd suggest that is a perfectly fair question and that all those responsible for the meeting with a desire to ensure transparency would be perfectly happy to address.
 

Plumbs

Well-known member
Undersoil heating should be last of our priorities for third division football it costs to much to install and the heating bill to keep it on over winter stretches into thousands.
Just needs about ten radiators under the turf and a few rolls of speedfit pipe.
Pay cash and all the tea you can drink and it'd be done in no time by the right man 😀
 

SEASIDE2020

Well-known member
To be fair that question should be addressed to the club because its not 'BST's' meeting.
If anything clubs should adopt a fans parliament like Wolves do, but a FSA National Council member sneered at them at the AGM which suggests there is an inverted snobbery in that direction.

Without wishing to be overly pedantic Plumbs, BST could assist in helping to ensure supporters problems or concerns were addressed by the club if they did so in an consistent manner.

You would know far more than me about the FSA but it is clear to see that the propriety in football supporters committees, forums etc leaves a lot to be desired.

I feel that you should be praised for going out your way to highlight your concerns and help ensure that things are done properly but I feel your protest will only end up with you receiving a perfect demonstration of what it is that you are complaining about.
 

HetzkeBlaster

Well-known member
Undersoil heating should be last of our priorities for third division football it costs to much to install and the heating bill to keep it on over winter stretches into thousands.
You miss the point Pool, infrastructure discussions (as per clevelys boy question regarding the east stand which also would cost a lot of money whilst grounds are empty) are about understanding the clubs short/medium/long term planning aspirations. Hopefully we won’t always be a third division club and therefore it’d be in all our interests to get a view of the main mans thinking 🤔
 

Plumbs

Well-known member
Without wishing to be overly pedantic Plumbs, BST could assist in helping to ensure supporters problems or concerns were addressed by the club if they did so in an consistent manner.
Its not a question of protest but explaining to people what the umbrella group position is, and to highlight those inconsistencies we've mentioned.
There seems to be a suggestion that genuine Blackpool fans are being excluded from the meetings which is generally what the FSA do.

Granted its gone past a point of ever likely to be changed, although that option may soon be with us nationally.
 

SEASIDE2020

Well-known member
Undersoil heating should be last of our priorities for third division football it costs to much to install and the heating bill to keep it on over winter stretches into thousands.

I'd imagine some will agree with you re the priority of USH and others won't but surely he's entitled ask his question at the meeting and get a response from the club ?

I'm not trying to be funny poolseasider, I just feel that such a meeting is for all supporters to be able to put all sorts of questions to the club.
 

SEASIDE2020

Well-known member
Its not a question of protest but explaining to people what the umbrella group position is, and to highlight those inconsistencies we've mentioned.
There seems to be a suggestion that genuine Blackpool fans are being excluded from the meetings which is generally what the FSA do.

Granted its gone past a point of ever likely to be changed, although that option may soon be with us nationally.


Protest was just a word I chose to use, I didn't mean any bad and insert any word you wish but you shouldn't have to "protest".

Things are not done properly, they profess that things are done properly and like to be seen to do things properly but when when questioned they hide behind each other in their cliques, point to their achievements or explain that they are not remunerated as if that makes everything alright.
 
Last edited:

Martonmosser

Well-known member
I would imagine that it's perfectly possible that the meetings are more transparent than the FPG and that people could ask legitimate questions about the procedures of the meetings.

It would appear that somebody has asked why supporters who choose not to be in a supporters group are unable to watch the meeting on zoom or similar, I'd suggest that is a perfectly fair question and that all those responsible for the meeting with a desire to ensure transparency would be perfectly happy to address.
The FPG........ I had nearly forgotten about those muppets 🙄
 

basilrobbie

Well-known member
Agreed robbie... but it would be good if those interested could gain access to the proceedings.
94

I suppose it depends upon how you define the term "access", but I take your point.

As has been said by others, these meetings follow a format set nationally, so I don't think you can blame the club for sticking closely to it. And it isn't the only way that fans have of speaking directly to the club, as we have the Fans Forum as well, which is more informal.

You don't even have to wait for meetings to raise things, do you? The SLO post was created to make it easier to do so, after all, and we have a good one.
 

Plumbs

Well-known member
Protest was just a word I chose to use...

Things are not done properly, they profess that things are done properly and like to be seen to do things properly but when when questioned they hide behind each other in their cliques, point to their achievements or explain that they are not remunerated as if that makes everything alright.
Yup I got you and didn't mean to pick you up on it, and you're dead right on the cliques.

There was a short time when the FSA used to send me invites to the London network meetings, giving me the date and time but omitting the venue!
A tad annoying being ignored with subsequent requests for the important bit, but it does give an insight into what the Trusts get up to when not challenged.

Like you say- mischief being made on here and its not necessarily by me
 

poolseasider

Well-known member
I'd imagine some will agree with you re the priority of USH and others won't but surely he's entitled ask his question at the meeting and get a response from the club ?

I'm not trying to be funny poolseasider, I just feel that such a meeting is for all supporters to be able to put all sorts of questions to the club.
I just feel it's a wasted question as there are plenty more pressing issues no probs that's what we discuss on here after all. 👍
 

Insider

Well-known member
I don't think the Board are keeping secrets, except when it comes to players, signings, contracts etc, it's just there's nothing to say that hasn't been already been said about the East Stand, the training ground, or whatever.
Personally I would prefer a bit more visibility and a bit more insight about what the Board sees as "key issues" currently.
A monthly column in the "virtual" programme or news item on the Official site or even an interview.
Anyway I've sent my questions via BST. I know I'm a bit boring and you can probably guess the theme but here they are:
1. What is the timeline for getting Stanley Park Arena ready to host U/18 Academy games.
2. I know the Youth teams games are recorded however the coverage is not great. Will the Board consider an investment in improved covearge and post match 90 minute playback so football starved fans can see how our future stars are developing? This could be done in conjunction with students at UCLAN with an interest in Sports Media.
3. We seem to be concentrating currently on giving players from other Academies first team opportunities. Can the Board expand on it's aspiration to have 5 youth team players in the first team squad by 2025 from BFC's Academy?
4. The Board has stated it wants the Academy to achieve Category 2 status. When would they expect this to be achieved?
5.Just for completion some of the above questions are tied in to the development of the new training complex. I'm sure other BST members will be asking about this but if not can we have an update please?
 

Plumbs

Well-known member
@Insider
Great questions and deserving of an answer from the club, without anyone having to join a group.

You are btw entitled to ask the club directly, and I'd point out that you are concerned that the SLO may be obstructive because he favours the Trust route.

I've contact details if you need them edit: with both club and authorities
 

Macseasider

Well-known member
Ooh how exciting, a bunch of committee men discussing procedural processes. It's what the weekends are all about.........
 

Insider

Well-known member
@Insider
Great questions and deserving of an answer from the club, without anyone having to join a group.

You are btw entitled to ask the club directly, and I'd point out that you are concerned that the SLO may be obstructive because he favours the Trust route.

I've contact details if you need them edit: with both club and authorities
Just for the record I have sent a number of questions in the past via the SLO and he's never let me down.
 

BIG_BERTHA

Well-known member
I don't think the Board are keeping secrets, except when it comes to players, signings, contracts etc, it's just there's nothing to say that hasn't been already been said about the East Stand, the training ground, or whatever.
Personally I would prefer a bit more visibility and a bit more insight about what the Board sees as "key issues" currently.
A monthly column in the "virtual" programme or news item on the Official site or even an interview.
Anyway I've sent my questions via BST. I know I'm a bit boring and you can probably guess the theme but here they are:
1. What is the timeline for getting Stanley Park Arena ready to host U/18 Academy games.
2. I know the Youth teams games are recorded however the coverage is not great. Will the Board consider an investment in improved covearge and post match 90 minute playback so football starved fans can see how our future stars are developing? This could be done in conjunction with students at UCLAN with an interest in Sports Media.
3. We seem to be concentrating currently on giving players from other Academies first team opportunities. Can the Board expand on it's aspiration to have 5 youth team players in the first team squad by 2025 from BFC's Academy?
4. The Board has stated it wants the Academy to achieve Category 2 status. When would they expect this to be achieved?
5.Just for completion some of the above questions are tied in to the development of the new training complex. I'm sure other BST members will be asking about this but if not can we have an update please?
I would like to see the youth team being streamed live until we can go and watch them live.
 

Plumbs

Well-known member
Just for the record I have sent a number of questions in the past via the SLO and he's never let me down.
Thats good to hear. At Grimsby a few years ago the SLO (who sits on the FSA National Council) completely ignored a request from Bradford City fans on ko time changes, so there have been issues and these SLOs have to watched.
 

Mexboroseasider

Well-known member
Thats good to hear. At Grimsby a few years ago the SLO (who sits on the FSA National Council) completely ignored a request from Bradford City fans on ko time changes, so there have been issues and these SLOs have to watched.
Eh? Bradford fans asked the Grimsby SLO about ko time?
 

Plumbs

Well-known member
Eh? Bradford fans asked the Grimsby SLO about ko time?
Yup. As part of the Police Advisory Group where Grimsby changed the ko time without consulting the police or local safety officer.
There are about 6 of these nationally but not in this part of Lancashire, and someone off here Chairs the West Yorkshire one 😀
 

Seasider3610

Well-known member
Undersoil heating should be last of our priorities for third division football it costs to much to install and the heating bill to keep it on over winter stretches into thousands.


There would be no need to keep the USH running all through the winter.

It only needs to be used in low temperatures which are forecast in advance. Switch it on the day before any game or two days before. Switch off after the game

NEXT 😉
 

Plumbs

Well-known member
There would be no need to keep the USH running all through the winter.

It only needs to be used in low temperatures which are forecast in advance. Switch it on the day before any game or two days before. Switch off after the game

NEXT 😉
One issue that clubs have had who do have US fitted, is that there have been issues for supporters getting to the stadium due to frost and snow.
This would be considered by the safety officer and also local dibble who might ask for a postponement.
 

Mexboroseasider

Well-known member
Yup. As part of the Police Advisory Group where Grimsby changed the ko time without consulting the police or local safety officer.
There are about 6 of these nationally but not in this part of Lancashire, and someone off here Chairs the West Yorkshire one 😀
Well I think there should at least be an understanding that if Preston fans ever call the BFC SLO then he is under no obligation at all.....ever....to take the call.

Unless it’s to hurl abuse.

In fact I’d go so far as to say that should be mandatory.
 

Grumpy_no_more

Well-known member
One issue that the "Stench of the Oystons" thread reminded me of is whether the Scum still have any presence in Bloomfield Road. It's not the most important issue facing the club, I admit, but it diminishes my enjoyment of the stadium to think that there might be a lingering stink of them wafting around our ground.
 

Plumbs

Well-known member
Well I think there should at least be an understanding that if Preston fans ever call the BFC SLO then he is under no obligation at all.....ever....to take the call.

Unless it’s to hurl abuse.

In fact I’d go so far as to say that should be mandatory.
Be as facile as you like but people have raised genuine concerns about wholescale engagement, and its fair to point out that SLOs that have come from Trusts have been inconsistent to say the least.

On a general point regarding the police advisory groups,they have had progress in improvements for local fans. Translating that into something you might be able to understand, that could improve away allocations for Blackpool fans and also an end to lunch time kos for crunch matches.
 

Mexboroseasider

Well-known member
Be as facile as you like but people have raised genuine concerns about wholescale engagement, and its fair to point out that SLOs that have come from Trusts have been inconsistent to say the least.

On a general point regarding the police advisory groups,they have had progress in improvements for local fans. Translating that into something you might be able to understand, that could improve away allocations for Blackpool fans and also an end to lunch time kos for crunch matches.
I wasn’t being facile. It was a joke.

Obviously I welcome anything that improves things for fans.

Edit to add: I’ve just seen the score so now understand why you were so tetchy.
 

AllOrNothing

Well-known member
Ask about how the salary cap getting scrapped will affect us this season and what the club thinks the affect will be on recruitment next season. Does the club fear punishment under the now reverted to cost protocols given that we have played a season without crowds and income is clearly down massively affecting turnover. Presumably all clubs in leagues one and two will fall foul of the now reverted to rules.
 

Plumbs

Well-known member
I wasn’t being facile. It was a joke.

Obviously I welcome anything that improves things for fans.
Aye ok. The last thing anyone wants is for fans to have any reason for not buying tickets etc and exclusion is a major cause of disaffection. Its caused ructions at a number of clubs inc Derby and West Ham, and Huddersfield Trust took a battering after the PL relegation and the carve up of the loot.

Here to help (smiley)
 

Yourfathersgun

Well-known member
My question is when are we going to scrap these limited attendee forums and open them up to all fans like they should be.
Very important we move away from this limited access thing the Oystons introduced. With Zoom its so easy to open it up for everyone to watch. I saw the Fleetwood one and that was a good example of how to control it all but make it seem like it's open to everyone. Do you think for a minute the host of their's was asking ANYTHING Pilley didn't want to be asked?
Get it online for everyone, with a proper host guiding the questions.

And as soon as we can get them back in the sponsors lounge and pack the place to the rafters.
 

coppiceman

Well-known member
Thats good to hear. At Grimsby a few years ago the SLO (who sits on the FSA National Council) completely ignored a request from Bradford City fans on ko time changes, so there have been issues and these SLOs have to watched.

What's this got to do with anything?
 

Plumbs

Well-known member
What's this got to do with anything?
Its to do with FSA officials becoming club SLO's which is something they push as an agenda, where it doesnt necessarily mean everyone is treated the same.
No insinuation on whats gone on at BFC but from my experience and from what I've witnessed.
 

coppiceman

Well-known member
Its to do with FSA officials becoming club SLO's which is something they push as an agenda, where it doesnt necessarily mean everyone is treated the same.
No insinuation on whats gone on at BFC but from my experience and from what I've witnessed.

I'm still confused. What has what happened at Grimsby years ago got to do with Blackpool?
 
Top
X